Vini Giovannini

bottiglia albana secco gioja vini giovannini imola

Dry Albana Gioja


75cl bottle

Type of Wine

White wine

Visual exam

Straw yellow color with golden reflections

Olfactory examination

Pleasant notes of honey, apple and flowers

Gustatory examination

Very soft and warm with a high retro olfactory persistence.

Full Name: Gioja
Name: Romagna Albana DOCG
Vintage: 2020
Grape variety: 100% Albana
Training system: Flipped
Plant Density 2500 / ha
Annual Production: 8000 bottles
Alcohol content: 14% VOL
Total Acidity: 6.8 g / l
Sugar residue: 4 g / l
Serving temperature: Optimal at 14-16 ° C

Vinification method

Albana grapes are harvested manually in the first ten days of September, when the grapes are completely ripe.
Once harvested, they are taken to the cellar for processing.

95% of the must is vinified in white, ie without the skins while the remaining 5% is left to macerate on the skins.

A soft pressing is then carried out and the must is then passed into concrete barrels where the fermentation and aging will take place for 8 months on the best lees to give the wine its characteristic aromas.

After 8 months, we proceed with bottling

Characteristics Land and Vineyard

The Albana vineyard from which we derive GioJa was planted 37 years ago and is located in Imola in the province of Bologna.
Located on the Imola hills, more precisely in the Fondo Bellaria farm, it is characterized by a loamy and clayey soil located 150 meters above the sea level, with south-east exposure.

Gastronomic combinations

The characteristics of Albana GioJa make it ideal if enjoyed in combination with meat dishes.

Such as tasted in combination with rabbit, roast chicken or cappelletti in broth